منتديات الشيخ واثق العبيدي
منتديات الشيخ واثق العبيدي ترحب بكم نتشرف بوجودك معنــــــــا تفضل بالضغط على كلمة تسجيل ان كنت زائر او اضغط على كلمة دخول ان كنت عضواً ، اهلا وسهلا
منتديات الشيخ واثق العبيدي ترحب بكم نتشرف بوجودك معنــــــــا تفضل بالضغط على كلمة تسجيل ان كنت زائر او اضغط على كلمة دخول ان كنت عضواً ، اهلا وسهلا
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

TvQuran

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

the Obligation of the Zakat #19 Tucson AZ USA ICT

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
عبد القادر
عضو فضي
عضو فضي

عدد المساهمات : 264
تاريخ التسجيل : 27/09/2009
العمر : 44

the Obligation of the Zakat  #19  Tucson AZ USA  ICT Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: the Obligation of the Zakat #19 Tucson AZ USA ICT    the Obligation of the Zakat  #19  Tucson AZ USA  ICT Emptyالجمعة 1 يوليو - 15:09

By Shaykh Watheq AlObaidi, 6.30.11

“With the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, Very-Merciful[1]

Praise belongs to Allah, the Lord of all the Worlds. May there be blessings and peace upon our master, Muhammad, and upon his family and companions, etc. Dear Muslims, the title of my khutbah this Juma’ (Friday) is the Obligation of the Zakat (obligatory alms, distinct from general charity (sadaqa)), which is the highest of indications (of its importance), repeating over twelve times.

Allah most-exalted says
“And be steadfast in Salah (prayer), and pay Zakah, and bow down with those who bow down.”

(Surah Baqarah, 43).

And”…while they were not ordered but to worship Allah, making their submission exclusive for him with no deviation, and to establish Salah and pay Zakah. That is the way of the straight religion.” (Surah Bayyinah, 5)

“Take Sadaqah (obligatory alms) out of their wealth through which you may cleanse and purify them, and pray for them. Indeed, your prayer is a source of peace for them. And Allah is (All-) Hearing, (All-) Knowing.”
(Surah Tawbah, 9)

And on the authority of Ibn ‘Umar , he said “I heard the Messenger of Allah say ‘Islam has been built on five [pillars], testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, performing the prayers, paying the zakat, making the pilgrimage to the House, and fasting in Ramadan.’” – Agreed Upon (by Imam Bukhari and Muslim).

Also on the authority of ibn ‘Abbas , that the Prophet sent Muadh to Yemen, and said “Call them to testify that there is no god except allah, and that I am the Messenger of Allah, and if they obey this, then let them know that Allah most-exalted has prescribed upon them five prayers each day & night, and if they obey this, let them know Allah has prescribed upon them charity taken from amongst their wealthy, returned to their poor.” (Agreed Upon)

Allah strongly emphasized his threat upon the short-changers of zakat, and said “As for those who accumulate gold and silver and do not spend it in the way of Allah, give them the ‘good’ news of a painful punishment, on the day it (the wealth) will be heated up in the fire of Jahannam, then their foreheads and their sides and their backs shall be branded with it: “This is what you had accumulated for yourselves. So, taste what you have been accumulating.” (Surah Tawbah, 34-5)

He has described them as mushriks (those who ascribe partners to Allah), saying “woe to the Mushriks, who do not pay Zakāh ; and of the life of the Hereafter, they are deniers.” (Surah Fussilat, 6-7)

Rasul Allah emphasized this as well, he said “There is naught for the owner of gold and silver who does not fulfill its right, but that on the Day of Resurrection it will be cast into slabs of fire, heated in the fire of Hell, and branded on his forehead, sides and back. Whenever it cools it is to be repeated for him in a day the length of fifty thousand years, until the judgment is rendered among the people, and he sees his path, whether to Paradise, or to Fire.”

And on the authority of Abi Hurayrah , Rasul Allah said “Whomsoever Allah bestows wealth, and does not give its Zakat, on the Day of Resurrection his wealth will be made like a bald-headed poisonous male snake with two black spots over the eyes. The snake will encircle his neck and bite his cheeks and say, 'I am your wealth, I am your treasure.'

Allah most-exalted say “Those who withhold in miserliness what Allah has given them out of His grace should not take it as good for them. Instead, it is bad for them. They shall be forced, on the Doomsday, to put on what they withheld, as iron-collars round their necks. To Allah belongs the inheritance of the heavens and the earth. Allah is All-Aware of what you do.” (Surah Imran, 180)

Bukhari narrates on the authority of ibn Mas’ud regarding the saying Rasul Allah on the denier of zakat, “slabs being heated in the fire of Hell, and be branded on his forehead, sides and back,” that coins won’t be stacked on other coins (of gold or silver), instead, skin will be stretched out so each coin and pence will be put out to its extent”

If it is asked “Why have the forehead, side, and back been specified?” the answer is that the rich miser, whenever he was see a poor person, he was frown his face and wrinkle his forehead, and turn to his side. If the poor nears him, then he turns his back – therefore, precisely these parts of his will be punished, in harmony with the principle, compensation is in accordance with the deed.

Oh gathering of Muslims, Zakat, in Arabic is linguistically tied to the meaning of purification (i.e. one’s wealth), it’s meaning is also ascension/development/encouragement. It is thankfulness for the blessings of Allah Almighty upon his slaves –in their persons and wealth. Bodily worship is thankfulness for bodily blessings, whereas wealth based worship is thankfulness for the blessing of wealth –

How despicable is the one who watches a poor person while he is in shortage of provisions he need, then he does not allow himself to express his thankfulness to Allah most-exalted for his wealth through (fulfilling) the asking and need of another?

Upon him is a fourth of a tenth (i.e. 2.5%) of his wealth (for zakat) – this is one of the most important means for harmony, love, and social solidarity in the community.

Allah says “The Sadaqah (prescribed alms) are (meant) only to be given to the poor, the needy, to those employed to collect them, to those whose hearts are to be won, in the cause of the slaves and those encumbered with debt, in the way of Allah and to a wayfarer. This is an obligation prescribed by Allah. Allah is All-Knowing, Wise.” (Surah Tawbah, 60)

Know that there are eight categories of those eligible to receive zakat, and we have many of them here. Whosoever desires Paradise, they must pay zakat, lest they be branded on their foreheads, sides, and backs.

Oh ones of wealth (i.e. those who aren’t poor/who have over the nisab), know that the wealth and money in your hands is belongs to Allah most-exalted, it his from his favor and blessings – it is an enjoyment and a protection (from begging, inconveniences, etc.). The poor have a right in it, as the one who enriched you surely has the power to impoverish you, and he is powerful over everything.
I invite you to give the zakat on your wealth and purify yourself and near yourselves to Allah most exalted – we have many poor people here, the needy, from the debtors, refugees, and others besides them in need of someone to support them, and to stand with them.

Thus do I conclude my speech, and ask forgive from Allah Almighty for myself and you, for my parents, and the entirety of Muslims.

[1] All Quranic explanations (not translation – it is impossible to translate Qu’ran) are taken from Mufti Taqi Uthmani’s text.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

the Obligation of the Zakat #19 Tucson AZ USA ICT
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Today’s khutba is entitled “Good Manners.”TUCSON .ICTUCSON .USA

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات الشيخ واثق العبيدي :: المجمع العام - General Department :: English Forum-
انتقل الى: